Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Funniest Thing I've Ever Seen

Lacey here... and I'd just like to review for you one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

You may remember Kim's last post, and how distraught she was that our mail lady seemed incompetent at the least.  I got the fun end of the deal, watching Kimmy finally confront her with all the rage of a chihuahua who has been ignored for 5 minutes too long.

(not our dog)

I was trying to take a nap after a 24-hour shift at work, and Kim was sitting on the edge of the bed visiting with me.

 Suddenly she hopped to her feet and her little chihuahua ears perked up. She had heard the mail truck.  She bolted down the stairs and I just yelled, "What the ^%$^% is going on???" and she shouted something incoherent back as she made a bunch of noise and slammed the front door.

I got out of bed and went to our office window.  There I saw Kim trotting to the mailbox.  She opened it, fumbled around a little bit, then starting sprinting full speed down the road, with a handful of "return to sender" mail, sweatpants hiked up to her knees, and galoshes on her feet.  Clunk.  Clunk.  Clunk.

She waived and hollered at the mail lady to get her attention when she finally got to the truck, then interrogated her, hands on hips and all (so as to imply "are you lazy or just stupid?") before handing over the envelopes.

That little girl trotted back in her heavy rain boots, and was proud as a peacock.  She walked through the front door and I was doubled over laughing.  If you only knew Kim's quiet personality you would understand the humor in watching such a spectacle :)

Now the mail lady usually picks up the outgoing mail, but still doesn't get the concept of putting down the flag, despite the lesson Kim gave her.



*So proud*
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment